By 1845, many Irish farmers no longer owned their land. It was taken over by the British and had been turned into English plantations.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
- The Most Common Irish Names and Phrases (and How to Pronounce Them) 499 views
- Triskelion, Triskele, or Triple Spiral: What Is the Meaning of this Ancient Celtic Symbol? 75 views
- What Is a Shamrock and How Did it Become Ireland’s National Symbol? 67 views
- Saving Private Ryan Is Based on the True Story of Four Irish American Brothers 36 views
- Folklore Friday: The Six Greatest Love Stories of Irish Myth 34 views
- 12 Days of Christmas: Ireland’s Top Christmas Traditions December 20, 2020
- 12 Days of Christmas: The Truth About Irish Blessings December 18, 2020
- 12 Days of Christmas: Of Christmas Stockings and their Stuffers December 17, 2020
- 12 Days of Christmas: All I Want for Christmas—The Top 8 Christmas Songs of All Time December 16, 2020
- 12 Days of Christmas: The Holidays on a Budget December 15, 2020