Ladies Button Cardigan
As low as $89.96 Was $99.95
100% FREE US Shipping On All Orders and Fast Delivery
- Our Merino blend Ladies Cable Cardigan is an elegant and feminine way to pay tribute to Irish heritage and design and is available in sizes XS through XXL.
- This sweater is produced in Ireland by Saol, a knits company that produces modern versions of classic Aran fisherman sweaters.
- The wool has been pre-washed for softness and durability. For best results, hand wash in lukewarm water with mild detergent and lay flat.
- Decorated with an intricate cable pattern throughout, this lovely sweater comes in natural white or gray, perfect to accompany any cold-weather outfit.
- A perfect marriage of form and function: raglan sleeves give this cardigan a feminine shape, and front pockets offer the wearer a little extra storage for keys, phones, or lip balm.
A perfect addition to your winter wardrobe, our Ladies Cable Cardigan was made in Ireland by leading knitwear producer Saol. The company takes traditional Irish sweater designs, translates them into contemporary styles, and makes them accessible worldwide. The traditional fisherman’s sweater is an iconic part of the Irish imagery, and this lovely and feminine cardigan is a perfect interpretation for the modern wearer. Thick, detailed cables decorate the body of this raglan-sleeved sweater, paying homage to the designs of the original Aran knits. In the late 19th century, fishermen on Ireland’s Aran Islands began producing heavy sweaters to keep them protected during their long days at sea. They used wool from the island’s sheep, which was thick, scratchy, and full of lanolin, an oily substance that made the garments repel water. Some say the different knit patterns used in the sweaters even contain unique meanings.
Today, the Aran sweater is a prized possession of the modern fashionista, and this cardigan makes for a lovely complement to any closet. Available in either natural white or grey, it features a striking cabled pattern all over the body and sleeves, an homage to traditional Aran knits and the ropes used by the Islands’ fisherman. Raglan sleeves and a crewneck give the sweater delicate feminine touches, and small front pockets are ready to warm frozen hands on extra-cold days. A row of buttons matching the wool elegantly round out the cardigan, making it a wonderful layer, open or closed.
This Merino wool blend cardigan will be a staple for years to come and to preserve it at its best, we recommend washing it by hand using a gentle detergent and lukewarm water, then laying flat to dry.
Product Features We Adore
Keep your hands warm with these front pockets
Aran Cable Design
Chunky cable stitching gives this cardigan beautiful texture
A classic style on a classic cardigan