Cable Cowl Neck Poncho
As low as $99.95
100% FREE US Shipping On All Orders and Fast Delivery
- Our Cable Stitch Poncho is made in Ireland by Saol, one of the country’s leading knitwear producers, and honors traditional Irish knitting.
- Made from 100% Merino wool, our poncho is super soft to the touch in addition to supremely breathable for maximum comfort.
- The chunky cowl neck adds warmth and makes it easy to layer over another turtleneck on extra chilly days.
- Our one-size poncho is available in the traditional natural white or dramatic charcoal grey, able to complement any outfit.
- Make your knits last! Hand wash only using lukewarm water and mild detergent, reshape, and lay flat to dry.
The traditional Aran sweater is now instantly recognizable all over the world and remains a staple of fashionistas and fishermen alike. Made in Ireland, this Cable Stitch Poncho from knitwear manufacturer Saol is a beautiful modern iteration of the classic design. The front features a lovely and detailed cable design, offset by the simple pattern of the sleeves and back.
Originally, Aran sweaters were created to keep fisherman from the Aran Islands protected from the wind and water while they worked in their boats out on the dangerous Atlantic Ocean. The intricate cables on each sweater added thickness (and warmth) to the knit, and different patterns are believed to have different meanings. The sweaters were traditionally knit in cream-colored Irish sheep wool, but today, most are knit in soft Merino wool and are available in a multitude of shades. This gorgeous poncho is made of 100% Merino wool and comes in the traditional natural white shade or deep charcoal grey, making it the perfect complement to any color scheme.
The poncho shape is wonderful for layering over thinner sweaters or turtlenecks when the weather gets extra cold. The wide and chunky knit turtleneck adds a little extra modern flair. Saol is an Irish knits company that takes traditional Irish sweater designs and translates them into stylish updates for the 21st century that do not lose sight of their classic roots. We recommend hand-washing this poncho in lukewarm water with a mild detergent. Lay flat to dry.
Product Features We Adore
Bold cowl neck collar with buttons that adds a refined touch
Makes this poncho coat perfect for layering while giving it a casual, laid-back look
Ribbed Back & Sides
Striking ribbed base stitching creates a clean, tapered look