Ladies Cable Crew Neck Sweater
As low as $86.99
100% FREE US Shipping On All Orders and Fast Delivery
- Our Ladies Cable Crew Neck sweater from Saol is made in Ireland of a super-soft Merino wool blend.
- Available in lovely light grey or traditional natural white, the sweater runs from ladies XS through XXL.
- A large cable pattern decorates the body and sleeves of this feminine sweater—a design originally thought to bring good luck and a bountiful catch to Irish fisherman.
- Our sweater is a lovely and stylish update to the traditional Aran sweater, featuring a slimmer fit and raglan sleeves.
- To keep your sweater looking wonderful, we recommend washing it by hand with gentle detergent in lukewarm water before laying it flat to dry.
Any fashionista traveling to Ireland makes sure to take home at least one or two classic “fisherman sweaters,” and our Irish-made Ladies Cable Crew Neck affords you traditional style without the price of a plane ticket. The lovely cabling and crew neck are reminiscent of the original Aran sweaters, but the slimmer cut and raglan sleeves update the piece in a modern and feminine way.
The Irish fisherman sweater dates back over a hundred years, when the style first began production in Ireland’s Aran Islands, where the locals needed a heavy garment to keep them warm and dry while out in their boats on the ocean. Knit from local sheep’s wool, the original sweaters featured heavy patterns and cables to add warmth, and lanolin, an oily substance in the wool, rendered the garments water-repellant. The intricate patterns not only added bulk and warmth, but meaning, as well. Many believe the different knit designs had different meanings—the lovely cables that decorate our Ladies Crew Neck are thought to represent the ropes the original fisherman used. The design was intended to bring them luck.
Today, Aran-style sweaters are wonderful cozy additions to a winter wardrobe, and no longer need to be made from scratchy sheep’s wool. Our lovely crewneck sweater is made in Ireland by Saol, a leading textile company that translates traditional knitwear designs into contemporary patterns and garments. Knitted from a pre-washed Merino wool blend, the sweater is incredibly soft to the touch and extra cozy for the long winter days. Ribbing at the neck, waist, and cuffs accentuates the cables.
Product Features We Adore
A classic and sporty design that shows off the Aran knitting
Classic Cable Design
Chunky cable knitting provides a beautiful texture and depth to this sweater
Crew Neck Collar
The classic look of a traditional Aran sweater and perfect for layering