Belleek Galway Weave 10oz Mugs (Set of 2)
Out of stock
Only 0 left
100% FREE 3-Day US Shipping.
100% FREE US Shipping On All Orders and Fast Delivery
- Belleek’s beautiful Galway Weave pattern is inspired by 17th century knit and weaving patterns from the west of Ireland, and translates into a truly special piece of porcelain layered with Irish history and culture.
- Each mug comes hand embossed with the china pattern, and is expertly finished by Belleek’s skilled ceramic artisans. When you use these elegant mugs, you hold the highest quality of Irish craftsmanship.
- Gently beveled rims are designed to help prevent little accidents, keeping drips and small spills from turning into bigger problems. The fine porcelain helps to keep your beverage nice and hot--just the way you like it.
- Easy to care for and durable, our mugs are both dishwasher and microwave safe, so you can easily warm up your drink if you need to, and toss them in the dishwasher for the next round.
- Available in a set of two, the 10 ounce capacity provides exactly the right size for your next coffee date or tea party, with plenty of room for cream and sugar (if that’s how you take it!).
Manufacturer: Belleek China
If you’re looking for an elegant and distinguished set of cups to adorn your table, look no further than our stunning Belleek Galway Weave 10oz Mugs. Made from beautiful Belleek porcelain, you know you’re getting the very best in every sip.
Inspired by traditional crafts like knitting and hand weaving, Belleek’s Galway Weave pattern gives a nod to longstanding tradition while breathing new life into it. While weaving was originally a utilitarian craft (important to create baskets used in farming and at market), the designers are Belleek were soon inspired by the rustic beauty in the patterns found in hand weaving and hand knitting. Our Belleek Weave 10-ounce mugs take the simple beauty of weaving and cast it in a new form--embossed porcelain.
Crafted in Ireland from master artisans at the world-famous manufacturer of the world’s finest china, our Belleek mugs are exactly what you’re looking for to create a beautiful tablescape. Our mugs are crafted of Parian porcelain, which is intended to resemble the sculptural form of marble from the island of Paros. While the creamy colored china is not marble, it certainly looks like a priceless marble carving.
Details make our mugs truly special. Not only do you have the traditional weave pattern embossed into the porcelain by highly skilled artisans, but each band of pattern is also accented with a beautiful twisted yarn motif. Gently beveled rims help to prevent drips and spills while the beautiful porcelain keeps your drink nice and hot. Elegantly curved handles fit all sizes, so you can share with all members of the family.
Available in a set of two, our mugs are perfect for starting or adding to your own collection of Belleek china, or as a gift for a friend or loved one who treasures fine porcelain.
Since 1857, Belleek has become synonymous with the finest, most beautiful china in the world, and boasts its Irish heritage with pride. Belleek is a small village in County Fermanagh, and was devastated by the Great Famine in the mid-1800s, much like the rest of Ireland. John Caldwell Bloomfield began searching for a way to help the remaining local population when he inherited his father’s estate in 1849, and discovered that the geological area around the village was rich in clay, shale, flint, and other minerals needed to create high-quality pottery. The power of the nearby River Erne was harnessed to grind the raw materials into liquid so that they could be transformed into pottery--and the company was born in 1857, about a decade after the worst year of the Famine.
Belleek’s earliest products were practical items for the kitchen and home like tableware, mortars and pestles, and floor tiles. However, they quickly began exploring the more artistic side of their craft, and Belleek quickly gained a reputation for beautiful, high-quality products as they began exporting their distinctly Irish crafts to the US, Canada, and Australia while serving a booming market at home in Ireland and the UK. Queen Victoria herself was an early customer of the company.
Today, Belleek features a range of beautiful products, from teapots and tea sets, jewelry boxes, picture frames, flower vases, Christmas ornaments, and elegant dishes. This sophisticated bread plate is an example of the careful craftsmanship that goes into every piece Belleek manufactures, Irish pottery that stands as a shining light on a world class scale.
Product Features We Adore
Galway Weave Pattern
Inspired by 17th century knit patterns from the west of Ireland
Gently beveled rims helps prevent drips and spills
Expertly finished by ceramic artisans in unique patterns
We found other products you may like